So this past weekend was Oktoberfest in Appleton. We always go, every year for as long as I can remember. Oktoberfest is held on College Avenue downtown. I love going, I normally eat oodles of great food.

This year though I just had a Tiger Paw. Now for those of you who don't know what that is... It is also known as an Elephant Ear, and it is basically bread dough, deep fried and covered in sugar. SOOO GOOD!!!

Yesterday was Sunday so we start at church. Now I have the INCREDIBLE pleasure of going to the same church as my boss... well my boss's wife. She's never been incredibly polite or nice at all, but last year when she had a stroke she lost what little filter she had for her contempt of humanity. So yesterday we're leaving church and she goes, "So WHEN are you coming back to work? We're swamped right now and could use all the extra help we can get." I reply politely that I was supposed to start back up in October and that I would get my schedule of availability to him the next day. When I was really thinking, "Listen, he has my home and cell phone numbers if he were really SOO busy that he needed me, why didn't he call?"

In other news, both my parents now know about my piercings. They pretty much just shook their heads and said I was crazy, but I knew that already.

My cousin is getting married soon, in Oconomowoc (some of you might need help pronouncing that one). My uncle sent an email saying he was reserving a block of rooms for everyone for after the reception, but he didn't say in the message where the wedding was... that's my uncle for you. If I remember correctly the wedding will be next spring/early summer, so that will be nice. I think he did it cuz he remembered that after the last wedding I went to I got into a car accident driving home... totaled my car, maybe I'll do a post about that next.

My grandparents are good, crabby and stubborn as usual. According to my grandfather every major league athlete who has long hair is a homosexual, now this has been toned down cuz he seems to enjoy saying queer loud enough that people two blocks down can here. Oh to be born during the Great Depression, go through WW II, have 13 grandchildren, and be 86. Like I said my family's pretty crazy. I still love him though, even if he doesn't necessarily condone homosexuality he will tolerate it since the guy across the street lives with his boyfriend. What can you do with old people...

Well, I guess that's it for now.

Hugs,

Drew

2 comments:

What's the matter with your boss that he isn't there in church with his wife? Or is he "differently faithed"?

I was very disappointed on Friday. People who would be with me running sailboat races on Saturday remembered that I used to provide an ersatz Oktoberfest at the end of September. So I went looking for Oktoberfest beer from Munich, and I couldn't find any!! Can you believe it. In five different package stores not a drop of authentic Munich Oktoberfest beer to be had, right in the middle of the festival. Of course, there was plenty of domestic Octoberfest beer, from Sam Adams, Harpoon, Leinenkugel, and breweries I'd never heard of. But IMO one should drink the Munich beer through the first Sunday of October, and then the domestic product after the festival is over in the old country. (Different rules may apply if you're attending the festival in Appleton.)

Grandparents! You can't live with them and you can't live without them (in a certain sense — I mean, if they hadn't been around, we'd be in big trouble)!

Octoberfest was great this year! What is your favorite drink?? The boss does not sound like a good man at all! lol, bosses for ya!

Lots of love,
Ryan

PS: Elephant ears rock! lol

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List