First, totally had a great chat yesterday with Fer!

Ok, so in my Yum post I talked about how my ears were weird and I said that there was a story behind it so here it is.

I was carried for an extra month, my original due date was sometime in August. Well that came and went and my mom was a little concerned, so they went to the doctor to get a checkup. Doc said that I was fine and that as long as there was no stress on me or my mother, I would come when I was ready to come. So, on the 5th of September at about 11pm I decided to come, well... about half way through i decided to be a brat and be born facing up instead of down or down instead of up (I obviously can't remember I had more important things to worry about, like "why am I being squeezed out like tooth paste?"). So they gave up on trying to turn me over and just pulled me out with a suction cup (my sisters would tell me they did it with a toilet plunger when i was older...) at about 1am on the 6th.

Now, because I was carried an extra month my skin had started to dry out, so I shed like a snake. That and my ears were folded in on themselves, I know "DREW, you're really weird!" Anyway, within an hour of my birth I had a plastic surgeon figuring out what to do to fix it. So, for the first few weeks I basically had sticky putty behind my ears and masking tape on the lobes to flatten them out.

Consequently, my ears stick out a little farther than "normal" ears, which led to hours of me being called Dopey (like the dwarf from Snow White) or Dumbo... Children can be so mean...

Now you know the story of my strange birth.

Oh, another fun fact is that my dad almost passed out in the delivery room LOL.

Hugs,

Drew

PS: MATTHEW FREAKING LUSH COMMENTED ON MY LAST POST!!!! I'm in total awe.

pps: Torchy, why don't I ever get invited to the movies? :P

6 comments:

Why a month late? I never heard of such. But all in all this was awesome to read. Propz Pilgrim

Well doctors would never let that happen now, they'd induce labor or do a c section. But this was 21 years ago and like I said neither of us were strained so they just let it happen naturally.

that must have been pretty horrible for you being taunted like that, but i think you look smashing.

and if it did still concern you, you can have ears made flatter.

i'd never heard of matthew lush til your post, but it's pretty cool that he commented on you. sssh - don't tell him, but i think the hip piercings look *very* weird

movies? you betcha. as soon as we can :P

torchy! ;)

I think your ears are adorable.

My guy has big ears that stick out too. I like to play with them. ;) Interesting birth story.

Torchy by weird you mean sexy right?

Thank you S!!!

Hmm. Interesting. You look fine though. But those piercings - YIKES. *shudder*

:)

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List