Why do people do what they do?

In this case I'm talking about my grandparents, and here's the situation. My grandparents had the same swing for, ummm, lets say a million years (15 at least). Well one of the legs was all rusted out so after years of prodding they finally got a new swing. Well, like all the stuff you buy from stores like Lowe's or Home Depot you need to assemble it at home.

So, do you think my 84 y/o grandfather would call his strapping 20 y/o grandson to come and help him put it together?

OF COURSE NOT!

So my dad and I went over to visit on Sunday and grandma says, "I went downstairs to finish up the quilts for the twins. I come upstairs and find your grandfather sitting on the floor of the garage putting the swing together." He was out there for 3 freaking hours!

I go, "Why didn't you call me, you have my cell phone number and the home number?"

"I'm not dead yet," was his reply.

Now this is an ironic statement seeing as one of his favorite quotes is, "If I were a horse they would have shot me long ago."

I love my grandparents but sometimes... GRRR.

Drew

Oh god, mom just turned on the Hallmark channel... time to go find someplace else to spend the rest of my night...

5 comments:

A`hh my young friend you don`t get
do you ? (I do cause I`m only 15 yrs. younger then Gramps)
If your Grandmother had slipped you a call and you sorta dropped in
and said Hi Gramps need a hand that
may have worked but to go there boldly steps on his male ego just a tad, get it ? Thats how we are !

I understand cuz I'm the same way, but the man has had 3 bypass surgeries and a tumor removed from his bladder.

It's his time to take a break, I mean he only helped raise 5 sons, went through the Great Depression, and WW II. Plus, I live the closest out of all 13 grandchildren so I'm supposed to be used by them.

Drew

my dada is 79 and i worry about him also bujt they just want to keep doing things. He has broken bones and stuff but still wants no help

take care and be safe

bob

ROFL, I love old people, you cant tell them shit! I cant wait to be set in my wayz! :P

i guess it's cuz he's old, and if he has toask for someones help to assemble a swing, he would feel old and useless... and of course, no one wants to feel like that...

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List