First, welcome to my newest followers, C. Cohen of Incidents in my semi charmed life and JustK of Ten Seconds At A Time.

Today was dull. Had a math test this morning and I completely forgot one of the equations... meaning that I did horrible on the test cuz I needed it to do half the problems... Oh well, I can retest it and I'll drill that equation into my skull. I'm so glad schools done in two weeks, TWO WEEKS!!!

I'm considering my possibilities for school next year, I'll probably stay at the technical college until I find a school with an excellent language program. I really want to find a school that fits well with me too, I'd LOVE to go to Spain and just be around people who speak Spanish fluently, no better way to learn a language than to be fully immersed in it. But, I'd need to work for at least 2 years and spend absolutely nothing on anything to be able to afford it...

OH my new pet peeve is the swine flu, I can understand that it is a serious threat to infants and young children, honesly I can. But an ADULT should be able to realize that, "Hey I feel terrible and I have fluids coming out of both ends that are supposed to stay in my body, I think I may be ill." The word pandemic is also irritating, small pox thats a pandemic, but the flu? There should be absolutly no reason that it could threaten the lives of adults as long as they get the rest they need and drink plenty of fluids to fight off dehydration.

Anyway thats my rant for the night...

Hugs <3

Drew

6 comments:

Drew, I`m with you more people die in this big world everyday from clogged nose hair then have died
from this swine flue crap !

Have you really checked into grant money I mean really hard for getting into the langues(?) you want ? Seems like if you really want to do it somethin would be out there for you, just a thought.
See ya, John

drew

what was that equation? well the media is not going to talk about aything else going on which could possibly be construed in anyway as negative, like a 6% GDP or 8 percent unemployment as it might be seen as some sort of insult to our new presdient :P so what is the media left with Swine Flu.

sorry just my conservatism rising to the serface

take care and be safe

bob

The thing is there was a flu pandemic in 1918 that killed millions of people around the world. It seems that flu is fairly easily transmitted, and at this point they're not sure how virulent this strain will be. So I think it makes sense for the authorities to be taking it seriously, and for people to take reasonable precautions — which someone has to tell them about.

That said, I think the media are overplaying the story. I see no need to panic at this point.

"The chances of you getting the swine flu are the same odds of you getting hit by thunder while you are in the eye of a tornado."

Fear. Tragedy. All of which Americans...or people...feed on.

you're forgetting one thing - most people are very very painfully stupid - and once Fox News declares a state of panic - well, shouldn't we all panic?!

as for Spain - you can figure something out that won't break the bank - I'm guessing you can find some grant programs or something that might get you there or a uni exchange program - if you want it bad enough just keep chasing it and it will find a way to work itself out

Swine flu IS a pandemic...except instead of making people sick with the flu, its making people sick with paranoia... PEOPLE are SO feckin stupid!!!!

BTW, I went to the best language school in the country... If you want some tips, hit me up on MSN...

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List