So last week Wednesday my mother was let go from her job of 12 1/2 years for a "policy issue." Now this policy issue is one that is broken on a daily basis by the higher up managers. She was the only member of management in the area, work needed to be audited so she handed her badge off so it could be done while she was dealing with something else. Well, a fellow employee (who my mother had to discipline for his lack of work ethic) decided to go a tattle on her... real mature. So I get home from class and not a half hour later she comes in crying, and I immediately go to myself "Shit, what happened now..."

My mother and I are pretty outspoken and we don't go down without a fight, which leads us to clash a lot. Right now I'm kinda freaked out cuz she hasn't really blown up about this yet, and I know that somewhere deep inside of her it just keeps building.

Hopefully having a job change will mellow my mom out, she always came home stressed out.

Looking for the light at the end of the tunnel,

Drew

4 comments:

Drew

the sad thing is employers are looking for almost any reason to thin the ranks

I would give your mom a hug it is a harsh thing to lose a job especially one she has had for years

sometimes a lot of debris has to be cleared away before you can see any light at the end of the tunnel

take care and be safe

bob

The problem is that in the current economy, there aren't a lot of jobs available (Although there may be work available in particular fields, idk). So while a job change may be desirable, it's not a good time to be fired. I certainly hope she can get something good — or else put up a fight and get her old job back.

Good luck.

That really sucks. My mom was laid off from her job about six years ago, and was picked up again about 4 years ago. Now, she is in danger of being laid off again. It really stinks that employers are using any excuse they can to get rid of good quality people, and replace them with lower paid people who will not do as good a job. That makes everything suffer, from quality to productivity. Good luck with everything.

drew, this really sucks big time. i feel very sorry for your mum coz she probly feels like she's been kicked in the teeth.

i reckon she could do with a big hug right now

torchyyy!

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List