Today we had a voters meeting at church to call a new pastor, cuz our current pastor is 60 years old. The president of the congregation comes up to us and goes, "Would you and Dave be willing to count the ballots?" I just shake my head...

He calls me by the wrong name EVERY TIME he sees me, and I just want to scream that my name is DREW. I mean honestly is it that hard of a name to remember?

The secretary calls my name in the roll call and 2 minutes later the pres. calls me Dave again, I say to my dad, "5 bucks says he calls me Dave at least 2 more times by the end of the meeting." Now, my father being a wise man declined the bet, cuz he would have owed me money.

Normally these call meetings go for like 3 hours because of all the things that need to be taken into account when making a call. These range from the age of the pastor, whether he has children and how old they are, and other items like that. So I was surprised when it only took an hour and a half.

We're calling a pastor from Florida, I almost feel bad asking him to move from balmy and beautiful to frigid and frozen. If he returns the call (declines it) we'll do the whole voting process over again, and again until a pastor decides to accept our call.

7 comments:

Great story there Dave! Really top notch!

Drew

thanks for the insight on how yor chuch picks a pastor. And while florida maybe nice and warm WI has nice reasons to go there too

The people i have met are usually superior in some ways tehn us eastrners :)

take care and be safe

bob

i don't understand dave's comment... up in the first comment..

hahahaha!! give him a break, he's old and.. actually, drew and dave is not that similar.. u probably look more of a dave than drew! lol.

chill mate!! :) its all good!!

Dave was just being a smart ass.

He actually calls me by my middle name, but I changed it to keep myself at least a little anonymous. I don't really know why I bother anymore, you all know what I look like.

i would find that intensely annoying. my first name is 2 syllables and i like being called the shortened version which is only 1 syllable.

when ppl call me by my full name i get so wound up and i always tell them how i like to be addressed.

sounds like you should do the same.

hugs
torchy!

And what would that one syllable be Torchy??? Inquiring minds are dying to know!

muahahaha. I'll whisper it in your ear sometime. y'know... pillow talk :P

torchy!

ps. haven't forgotten the pics i promised you. haven't turned the printer on yet. my bad.

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List