As most of you know my oldest sister is pregnant. Yay, moms gonna be a grandma and I'll be an uncle!...

Now, for reasons that I'm not comfortable going into, my waste of atomic mass brother in law is... shall we say detained and will remain so for the first month of this babies life. So last week my mother offered for her to stay at our house in case she went into labor early. She declined (to my releif) because her nephew is living at her house.

Tonight my mother goes, "You know how you get the baby blues after birth? Well I'm going to offer to let your sister stay at our house, cuz she knows how hard I had it after you were born." I of course put on a smile and say I'm fine with it... as long as she doesn't take an hour in the bathroom like my other sister. This of course is a total lie... it's bad enough that my mother has volunteered to babysit on her days off. Meaning I'll actually be taking care of the child when I'm not at school cuz mother falls asleep the minute she sits down.

At least, should she accept, my nights won't change that much... I can sleep through a smoke alarm as long as its between the hours of 10pm and 5am, so the baby crying won't disrupt my sleep schedule.

Prepared to smile and nod, while dying on the inside,

Drew

1 comments:

I take it you have no particular love for babies? But babies are so cute! ^_^ I rather like babies, though I've never had to deal with a newborn. o_O

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List