I need to be out of this house before my mother babyproofs everything... So at what age do babies start crawling?

All this is brought on by my sister having a baby this coming February. We went changing table shopping tonight, and while we were at Babies'R'Us, my sister was looking at all the babyproofing stuff for cabinets and the corners of tables. I told her that the only things she needed to babyproof were the electrical outlets and the cupboard where you keep your cleaning supplies.

My sisters and I all made it through our childhood years alive, and I played with metal toys with small parts! Parents need to teach their children not to put everything in their mouths, not give them oversized toys. Parents need to let their kids play outside and eat dirt and scrape knees, not coddle them until they lose all ability to care for themselves. Hell, my grandpa made it through the Great Depression and he made scooters out of broken roller skates and boxes. If every fear of modern day parents came true none of us would be alive right now.

I also want to know what she's having so I can put a name to it, I'm tired of saying "my niece or nephew," I just want to say one label! Oh and for baby names they've picked Christopher Leroy for a boy and Genevieve... ummm... forgot the middle name... for a girl.

Hugs,

Drew

8 comments:

You could always call it "whatsitsface.
LOL

You could use, CIP (child in progress) the little stranger, or my favorite, TD (tax dividend)

and for the record, i dont get it either. What is with all of the childproofing? the doctor types have now decided that much childhood asthma is caused by keeping the child's enviroment to clean.......

Awww.. Maybe they should child proof Uncle Drew!

You'd let the kid eat dirt? What else? Give em yellow snow and call it a snow cone?

Looks like I need to give you Uncle lessons.

I´m like totally with Dave! :-) Propz Pilgrim

I have been told that "child proofing" is harmful to the child. Keeping a place to clean is harmful to the child.

Heck, I used to play with chickens growing up. I turned out ok.

lol ... I love being a uncle ... they don't need child proofing for like four to six months... I agree there needs to be some steps ... remember a lot of kids did die... from poisioning ... but don't go over board. I am all for playing ( dirt, and all) Ask my sister lol

We had many fights ... but it's not like I wasn't her favorite person to baby sit .... Oh those were the days.... mud and hot wheels ... lol Oh my kids lol lived out in the mud .... everychance they got ... my ex just had to get used to it ... lol never fail ... we had to go somewhere and my kids got dirty ... before hand ... lmao ... only little once.... man ... come on . Love Just

Chewing on tiny Lego pieces, FTW!

:)

Oh wait. No WONDER I'm so strange...

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List