Quite literally. From like 15 feet up. Also due to my amazing skill I landed and rolled out of it so I didn't get hurt.

We were putting some carpet up on the shelving and some had to get put in a special spot cuz its only used for one job ever. So, I'm pushing it off and the tube its on slides out. I foolishly try to get it back on the tube and as I'm pushing it I lean a little too far. All of a sudden I'm thinking "Oh shit, how am I gonna land this." I didn't even have time to be freaked out, and thank God I didn't or I probably would have been hurt.

The other guys that were up there with me just looked stunned, as they said we looked over saw you there and then you were on the ground crossing your legs and putting your hands behind your head with a look of relief on your face. I climbed back up there and they're going, "Dude, aren't you freaked out right now?" I just think to myself why I fell, I'm fine now lets get this stuff done so we can go home. Then they were all scared of going close to the edge... chickens. I was back on the edge pulling carpet up the second I got back up there.

Darren didn't start today, so I'm going to assume that he wasn't hired. But there could have been circumstances that make him unable to start right now I.E. hes not done with school yet. After working with all the guys now, I think I would rather have someone that I disliked at one point but has common sense than most of the people that we have atm.

Example, I went up to get a shop phone and to let the office people know we were leaving. I told my crew to look over the truck to make sure that we had everything we would need. I walk back to the loading dock and the gates closed so I figure everything was loaded... well it wasn't. Then they blame me for not putting a stake or pipe rack on there... Oh well, tomorrows a new day and hopefully everything will go well.

Hugs

Drew

4 comments:

'the boy who fell to earth' or perhaps we should give you a new nickname - like cats do this sort of thing, don't they?

I'm fine with heights but my sense of balance is pretty crap. I'd not do the near the edge thing at all!

Pretty amazing story - thank you!

wow. i hope there weren't any internal fructures. you should be more careful :) thanks for the b-day wish.

you're clearly a lot better at heights than i am! glad you didn't get hurt, sounds like a lucky escape to me.

also sounds like you're carrying a lot of the guys you're working with. hope they get the hang of it before too long :)

torchy!

Drew

I am glad you are ok, but what about a safety harmness or soemthing

take care and be safe

bob

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List