I love that even if I had nothing to do with a job, if something goes wrong its my fault.

Back story, I took yesterday off cuz I felt like death. I come in this morning and my boss tells me that I'm supposed to lead a stage setup, JUST a stage, but that I'm supposed to go along to help set up a tent for a college graduation and leave at 9 to set the stage. I load what I need for the stage and all of a sudden Roger (whom I despise) comes back and tells me that we need to set up another, larger tent. He says everything for the tent was loaded yesterday and that we just needed to put the tops on the truck. So that's what I do, I put the tops on.

We get to the job site and I start to lay out the pipe and the fittings for the larger tent. Come to find out they didn't load the correct crowns (top of the tent) or the correct side fittings. Guess whose fault that is... DREW'S!

Also, I'm pretty sure that I am the only person who works there who doesn't think entirely with his penis... Yes, I get distracted sometimes, but I can look and work at the same time. These children, cuz that's what they act like, see a girl from like a mile a way and they completely stop working until she walks by, and then they call "dibs" on her from a distance at which a deaf person could hear them... Sometimes I'm so glad that I'm gay and smart, and not completely driven by testosterone

Anyway, that's my rant for the week... hopefully everything will go well for the rest of the week.

Hugs,

Drew

3 comments:

It looks as if you have to check out everything they say instead of taking their word for it. But if you do, they'll probably resent you for it, unless you can make it seem extremely low-key and routine.

a. seems like they use you as their scapegoat for everything that goes wrong

b. maybe because you're not the animalistic, led by his balls type of guy, and presumably don't join in with it all, the other guys presumably regard you as different or 'less of a man' in their terms, even ? ? ?

Well - think about it. WHY do they blame you? WHAT do they think when you don't join in their cat-calling and loutish behaviour?

You'll have to go in to work in your Leather Master outfit one day and shock the hell out of them by running the whole f-ing shooting match and yelling them down if they start on about a bit of skirt.

Trouble is - you're just too nice a guy!

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List