I wish I meant the fun kind...

Last week there was Pig in the Pines, a barbecue festival in Eagle River, 2 1/2 hours from home, that I went with my boss to go set up. We left Tuesday at 7:30 pm which and got there at about 10. The night in the hotel was kinda shitty, I woke up like 3 or 4 times cuz I couldn't breath, kinda felt like there was someone sitting on my chest...

I got up at 6am had breakfast and drove to the festival site. The temps we had were amazing, I was expecting them to be like the temps we have in Appleton, a bit slow to be polite, but they caught on to everything they needed to and we got done with everything by 7pm.

Here's where I get screwed... My boss and I go to Pizza Hut to grab some food, he tells me that the idiots I work with put the wrong tent top on for a wedding job in Michigan, and that there are 3 large tents that need to go up in Waupaca.

I was slightly pissed, I was kinda expecting to have Thursday off after setting up Pig in the Pines. I accepted the fact that I was stuck with having to work, so we leave the hotel Thursday morning and drive back to Appleton, we get back to the shop at about 8:30 I look over the truck for the wedding that I'll be setting up and fix some of the finer details that they missed, but the truck is loaded like a blind man did it and there's stuff everywhere so I can't tell if anything is missing.

Guess what, they didn't load 2 barrels of fittings that you HAVE to have to put the tents together. SO I didn't get paid for 2 hours cuz of their huge mess up. My boss was PISSED, but he was coming out to help with the set up anyway, cuz there was no way that the 3 of us out there would have been able to get the one tent up. So he threw the barrels we needed into his van and came out.

We didn't leave that job site until 9 o'freaking'clock at night when we should have been out by like 7 at the latest.

That was my week... and I called in sick today cuz I just don't feel well. Exhausted and a bit queasy, don't make for a good worker.

Hugs

Drew

4 comments:

aww Drew - really sorry you're having such a hard time with the thickos you work with. especially since when i saw the title, i was already getting the number for my travel agent :P

torchy!
:D

Sounds like the co you work 4 need some quality control
1. get rid of the droggos
2. get a system so u can't cock up - see 5S and other quality things

Love

Tigs

It makes me grumble inside when I hear about the stupid shit we have to put up with in our jobs - and I know event production is one of those things where nothing ever goes right.

Hope you feel better, get some rest!

*hugs*

That must be really annoying — your the guy who can tell what is wrong, so your the guy who has to correct their mistakes, all the time realizing tat if they were as competent as you, most of the problems wouldn't happen to begin with. I hope the boss appreciates you.

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List