I'm watching the Vancouver opening ceremony as I type this and I've got to say its freaking amazing!


But it doesn't come close to the my first remembered Olympic experience. The first time I was allowed to stay up far past my bed time was to watch the 1994 Lillehammer closing ceremony. I was 6 at the time so staying up till 10-11pm was a HUGE deal for me and the scope of the closing ceremony to me at that time was incredible. Hundreds of people running around in sync jumping in and out of the snow battling the evil dwarfs, and I think even fighting a dragon (I could be wrong, I was 6)

I've loved the Olympics since then and I watch as much of it as I can, even the "boring" stuff like ping pong or the grossly over muscled weightlifters. I love it all!

The eye candy athletes don't hurt either (the summer Olympics are better for that tho... not so many layers.)

Hugs,

Drew

0 comments:

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List