Hey everyone,

My name is Drew, a 20 y/o from Wisconsin. I'm in college with plans to major in Spanish and Business. I currently live with my parents, but as soon as I can find a stable job and save up some money I plan on moving out.

I'm passionate about so many things in life that I can lose sight of what I really want. I LOVE music, I will listen to anything once; however, I will admit that I'm not fond of hardcore rap or country.

I want to travel EVERYWHERE, I'm so sick of being in the same place every day. I have friends who have cruised the Mediterranean, been to Ireland, Peru, Costa Rica, and Mexico and when they start talking about their trips all I can do is wonder when it will be my turn to see the world.

Now, this is gonna be the hard part... I come from a fairly conservative religious family I've gone to private school all my life, and I'm gay and I'm still in the closet, to everyone... well, except anyone who reads this. I want to tell them every time my mom starts asking me when I'm going to get a gf or if I'm interested in anyone. My friends tease me cuz I dress well and I have a bit of a shoe craze, one of them even cracks gay jokes about me, but I kinda brush it off as nothing. The main reason I haven't told my parents is because of my religious background and I'm afraid of how they will react. I know that eventually I will have to tell them but I just don't know how...

Well, thats all for today,

Drew

8 comments:

Take your time!

Then pick your momment, but only when you've a really good n trusted frnd on whose shoulder you can cry, if U need to.

There's no rush.

It's so hard to give advice about coming out. I only came out to my friends after divorcing. I recently came out to my two teenage daughters.

Every new person I told, accepted it without question, whatever prejudices they may have otherwise had about it before. I have lost not one friend, and become closer to some because of it.

Most said they kinda suspected it. My oldest daughter said "Duh, I'm not blind..."

But... I certainly don't come from a conservative or religous family, and don't have any overly conservative friends either. I have heard and read about some sad outcomes too.

It's a matter of when you are ready to accept whatever consequences, but my guess is that it will be easier than you think. Friends you may lose don't deserve knowing you.

I now officially follow your blog :) Keep an eye out on mine too if you want...

Enjoy the journey...

welcome to the blogosphere! you're in good company here, and there are many ppl in the same situation as you.

sounds like we've got pretty similar taste in music (same dislikes anyhow!)

enjoy the ride
torchy!

You don't say specifically which religious background you come from, so if I guess, I might be wrong. But there are conservative churches, mine included, which say that parents should accept and continue to love their gay children, even though these churches also teaches that homosexual sexual activity is wrong. And as I have pointed out to other bloggers, realizing that you are gay in your orientation is not the end of the matter. There is still the question of deciding how you are going to deal with it. Do you become promiscuous? Do you try to find a life partner with whom you can be monogamous? If so do you try to wait for sex until then? Do you try to live a celibate life? You either take whatever input you think you should, and figure out what's right and wrong, or you just drift along without any moral principle to guide you. But I hope you'll try to do what you think is right.

Welcome to blogland!!

torchy sums it up nicely in his comment, but I'm quite verbose. So I'll try not to be.

Feel free to check out my blog sethboyardee.blogspot.com, ive got links to many of the blogs in our little "circle" - and you will find some great people here at all phases and circumstances of life. = lots of great advice, good reading, and eye candy too!

If you have any technical questions some of us can help with that too, or just questions in general, you'll find you get lots of good comments.

Welcome :)

Hiya,

Welcome! I love music too, but like you am not too fond of rap or country. My mom is pretty religious, and the rest of my family are either religious or conservative, or both. I am out to only one person in my real life. It's gonna be a while before i can tell my family,but i need to come out. I'm slowly suffocating in the closet. Good luck!

Deadwing

Hey bud. Welcome! I went to a private (all male) school. Trust me when I say I know what you're going through.

Have fun venting. I look forward to reading your mandatory "i just came out!!!" post eventually. :-)

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List