Wow, I've only had my blog up for a little over a day and I already have 8 followers! "warm fuzzies" Thanks to everyone for showing some interest in what I have to say, and I'll try to keep up with posting.

Mike from It's Getting Better sent me a nice email welcoming me to blog world, and he asked me how I came up with my title. Well, as you know I live in Wisconsin and except for the three months of the year where its ungodly hot and humid, it's freaking freezing. Not only is the temp cold, but I feel frozen in place here. There are so many places I want to go and so many things I want to experience, that when I think about it I "burn" with an incredible need to do everything.

I love my home town it's a great place to raise a family and go when you want to retire, but from 16-20, in my case was dreadful, the only options I really had was to go to the mall or the movies. I suppose I could have been like all everyone else I know and be an alcoholic by now, but I'm 20, 6 months from legal drinking age and I have no desire to drink myself senseless.

All this has just made me want to get out and experience the world, and I did it for 1 1/2 years when I went away for school. It was a small (700ish students) private college, 25 grand for tuition... thank god for that grant the first year. But, then I changed my majors from education and biology to biology with a minor in Spanish and then I finally decided on what I wanted to do. So, I finally decided what I wanted to major in for sure half way through my second year, meaning I would have at least another 3-4 years of college, which would mean I would have at the very least $50k in student loans and that just wasn't going to be feasible. So to make a long story longer, I moved back home at semester and enrolled in classes at the local technical college until i can enroll somewhere else. All this means is that I'm back in the same situation that I was before college with little to do and few "friends" who aren't heavy drinkers.

4 comments:

Wow thnx!

I askd and Uve told us. And you thought of that? Who's a clever boy then!

Now, to still be nosey, who d'ya live wiv, d by d???

Hiya,

Small world...i lived in the Milwaukee area for about ten years, and still have heaps of family out there. Off to a great start it seems, look forward to reading more!

Deadwing

I live with my parents for now, and as I said in my first post as soon as I have a stable job and save up some money I'll be out so fast you could see the smoke

What about something in the state university system? Can't you go there on the relatively cheap and major in Spanish and Business? Or maybe that is what you're planning to do next fall. Good luck, anyway.

You're wise not to get into the heavy drinking mode.

Powered By Blogger

Followers

Ping Me!

My Blog List